David David is meticulously covering the world in it's patterned vision. Root5 is thrilled to have some of these pieces in our newly launched web shop and we wanted to know a little more about what goes on behind the scenes... I talk to David Saunders about the rise and rise of his perfect geometry. Saunders is incredibly passionate about his work and his attitude leaves me with the impression that this is a label in it for the long haul which will keep on growing until it’s a household name. As a business the two brothers fight their corners between realism and imagination and the results are beautifully balanced and exciting.Read More
She’s a leading lady in the recent Fabulous Fashionista’s on channel 4, has a multitude of big shows on and is all over the national press as we speak. We are talking about none other than the magnificent Sue Kreitzman. After being famously bad at art in school, a successful food writer with 27 titles to her name and an avid collector of stuff Kreitzman burst onto the scene as an outsider artist.Read More
Seasonal Root5-ness is upon us. Forget THAT John Lewis advert, we're launching our long awaited Winter Edition Web-Shop. We'll be introducing new jewellery, accessories and prints to the collection and additionally, some fab Christmas exclusives (and all the old faves). To celebrate, we will be hosting a Christmas shopping event at Root5 HQ in Clerkenwell 12th- 15th December to showcase the new work and to give you the chance to see all these products personally.Read More
In 2011 we had an idea. We indulged divine proportion and called this idea root5.
Simply 95% of everything is mediocre. We wanted to celebrate the other 5%. To create a space for designers and artists challenging the ordinary, making innovative, playful and maverick work.
It became reality with small steps onto the East London art scene, launching our collective at East Pops and Red Gallery.
In 2012, we popped. Up. A Design Store. In the heart of Clerkenwell, right where we first had this idea. 15 designers and artists that represented generations of students and graduates from among others Central Saint Martins and the Royal College of Art, showcasing new and old work for Christmas.
Jewellery, Prints, Cards, Fashion, Badges many other curiosities left with new and old friends, carefully wrapped, ribboned, stamped and sealed with a neon dot.
In 2013, we were overcome by love. Seasonally adjusted design love. We launched our our Web-Shop, with an edit of limited edition design products, jewellery and badges.
The idea grows. Exhibition. Pop-Up Shop. Website. Facebook. Twitter. Web-Shop. This is the next step. Our Blog.